- It pulls and raises a small section of skin to work on.
- It creates mild swelling and brings some of the impurities to the surface.
- It shoots a stream of crystals across the targeted skin patch.
- It collects the used crystals and dead skin for disposal.
- Recent skin-care techniques to have crossed over from Hollywood to the mainstream
- Treats problems such as dull skin, brown spots, and age spots
- Skin is temporarily pink but fully recovers within 24 hours, No Downtime
- It doesn't require surgery or anesthetics, which helps people who cannot take "down time" for healing
- Exfoliation and skin rejuvenation procedure that leaves skin looking softer and brighter
- Usually done to the face, chest, neck, arms or hands
- Removes or break up the stratum corneum, the body interprets that as a mild injury and rushes to replace the lost skin cells with new and healthy ones
Micro Needling by SkinPen
Microneedling is performed by the Skinpen, the only FDA approved microneedling pen in the world. Also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that helps minimize the signs of aging, improve the appearance of acne scars and rejuvenate aging skin.
The SkinPen microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
Phase III: Remodeling. The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin.
PRP contains highly concentrated amounts of natural growth factors and other cytokines that promote the regeneration process of soft tissues. The PRP is applied directly to the channels that were created from the micro-needling to further stimulate the natural healing process and creation of collagen.
Skin Rejuvenation via Vascular and Pigmented Lesion Treatment. The SR Applicator rejuvenates the appearance of skin by treating superficial benign vascular and pigmented lesions including telangiectasias, symptoms of rosacea and angioma. Highly selective broad spectrum light energies are absorbed by the hemoglobin and pigmented lesions, but not significantly absorbed by the normal dermis. Treatment areas include, face, neck, décolletage, arms, hands, and legs.